PlayStation to DB15 Controller Adapter
The PlayStation to DB15 Controller Adapter adapts Sony PlayStation controllers to the DB15 controller format used by the NEO-GEO AES*, MVS, and popular superguns like the HAS (Home Arcade System) and Minigun Supergun.]
* The Neo Geo AES controller ports are not standard DB15 and are set deeper into the console than a normal DB15 port. In order for this adapter to work with the AES you need to use an extension cable like this one.
- Full user customizable button mapping. Buttons 1-6 and coin can be remapped to any of the face and shoulder buttons. This also allows for mapping duplicates of the same button.
- Auto fire with 6 speed options from 30hz down to 6hz
- Status LED to help navigate button remapping and auto fire configuration modes.
- All settings save in the internal EEPROM of the micro-controller so they persist after power cycling the adapter.
Button Remapping and Autofire instructions for all adapters.
To enter button remapping mode hold any 2 face buttons and START simultaniously for 3 seconds. Once in remapping mode press each button the corresponding number of times to achieve the desired output based on the list below.
- Button 1 = 1 press
- Button 2 = 2 presses
- Button 3 = 3 presses
- Button 4 = 4 presses
- Button 5 = 5 presses
- Button 6 = 6 presses
- N/A = 7 presses
Press Start to exit remapping mode.
To enter auto fire programming mode hold any 1 face button and START simultaniously for 3 seconds. Once in auto fire programming mode press each button that you want to set as auto fire the number of times that corresponds to the desired speed in the list below.
- ~30hz = 1 press
- ~20hz = 2 presses
- ~15hz = 3 presses
- ~12hz = 4 presses
- ~7.5hz = 5 presses
- ~6hz = 6 presses
Press Start to exit auto fire mode.
The button mapping modes are controlled using the same combinations as the HAS supergun. This was done to make these adapters convenient for people familiar with the HAS system to use, but if you are using one of these adapters with a HAS supergun, you will find that the button mapping modes conflict with one another. As a workaround I have added a way to disable button remapping and auto fire. You can toggle this mode on or off by pressing and holding L1 + R1 + Select for 5 seconds.
When you disable button remapping and auto fire the LED will light up solid for a second and then shut off. When you enable button remapping and auto fire the LED will flash rapidly for a second then shut off. You can toggle between each mode at any time. The mode settings are saved in the EEPROM and will persist after a power cycle.
Notes on compatibility:
This adapter is based on an existing library for interfacing with the PlayStation controller. This library may not be a perfect implementation of the PlayStation controller communication protocol and could have compatibility issues with some third party controllers. I have tested compatibility on several controllers and I have put together a list of known working controllers.
- Genuine Sony Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1180)
- Genuine Sony Dual Shock Controller (SCPH-1200)
- Genuine Sony PSone Dual Shock Controller (SCPH-110)
- Genuine Sony Dual Shock 2 Controller (SCPH-1000)
- Hydra Performance Wireless PS2 controller
- MC Cthulhu (with Playstation Cable)
There are probably many more controllers that are compatible, but this is what I currently have on hand to test.
Processing time for orders is between 1 and 5 days. I assemble all of these boards by hand. When a product is listed in stock this means that I have all of the components to build the board, but it does not necessarily mean that the boards are already assembled. If I have boards ready at the time of your order then processing and shipping your item should only take 1 day. If I have to assemble one or more products in your order, processing and shipping could take up to 5 days. I appreciate your patience, I’m a one man show over here.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION